ERDF Inspiring Enterprise & Growth
Inspiring Enterprise and Growth project is part-funded by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and is designed to support individuals thinking about starting a business or already running a business or social enterprise and are looking to grow their enterprises. The support is free and will be provided through a combination of one to one advice sessions with experienced Advisers, a range of workshops, B2B networking, coaching and mentoring.
Who is it for?
- Individuals who have an idea for a business or social enterprise and need help and support to get started and establish
- Small and medium enterprises, sole traders or social enterprises which have been trading for less than 42 months and are looking to develop and grow.
- Must be based in London.
We seek a Consultant for IT and all around Business Support
The Consultant will help advise and support entrepreneurs and SMEs on information technology to enable them to achieve their business objectives. The Consultant for Information Technology is responsible for helping the entrepreneur and SME to make best use of IT and digital media and CRM systems and analytics. He should also have the capability to help with business planning, marketing strategy, presentation skills, sales process.
- Helping to utilise often limited resources to achieve best results;
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases;
- Provide vision, planning and coordination of all IT and communications;
- Ensure that the systems in place are working for the businesses;
- Provide business planning support, broad knowledge of Orbit would be preferable;
- Marketing and growth strategy in the online environment;
- Use of analytics software to monitor business and campaign performance;
Qualifications and requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience of supporting and helping SMEs with their IT and business requirements;
- Ability to give attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their particular situation;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of self, other individuals, or businesses to make improvements or take corrective action;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- An understanding of, and commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity requirements in the workplace;
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical;
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace;
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and the ability to instil this in others;
- Cooperation — Job requires clear and sensitive communication with clients especially when their IT capabilities are poor;
Lines of communication
- This is a self-employed contract running for 16 months and payment is made quarterly in arrears, reporting to Colin Fredriksen, Managing Director, Training Business for Growth Ltd and Alan Jeffery, Business Development Manager, TBFG
Submitting your proposal
It is intended to make an appointment in February 2018, as part of the selection process you will need to submit your CV and proposal, please read tasks, requirements and competencies.
The contract will be awarded based on the most economically advantageous tender, for candidates meeting the above criteria:
- Capability (skills, knowledge & experience) 60%
- Value for money 40%
The successful consultant will report to Colin Fredriksen and Alan Jeffery.
Start date February 2018
End date June 2019
Anticipated contract value £50,000 – £80,000
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call:
Colin Fredriksen – 0203 794 9350
Interested parties are requested to respond before noon, 20th February 2018.
Consultant appointed before end of February 2018.