ERDF Inspiring Enterprise & Growth
Inspiring Enterprise and Growth project is part-funded by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and is designed to support individuals thinking about starting a business or already running a business or social enterprise and are looking to grow their enterprises. The support is free and will be provided through a combination of one to one advice sessions with experienced Advisers, a range of workshops, B2B networking, coaching and mentoring.
Who is it for?
- Individuals who have an idea for a business or social enterprise and need help and support to get started and establish
- Small and medium enterprises, sole traders or social enterprises which have been trading for less than 42 months and are looking to develop and grow.
- Must be based in London.
We seek a Business Consultant
We are seeking to appoint two consultants: they must be good listeners and able to help and support entrepreneurs and SMEs in many different functions. It is likely that they will be involved in advising on the writing business plans, supporting and helping in marketing strategy and advising on sales and sales pipeline management. A background in construction would be advantageous for one of the candidates.
- Confer with entrepreneurs and SMEs to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems;
- Help coordinate activities of businesses concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products;
- Help coordinate an organisation’s business plan including budgets.
- Advise, direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities of organisations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximise returns on investments, and to increase productivity;
- Ensure that the owners of SMEs have a good understanding of pipeline management and create activity plans to ensure that the business is directed to meet monthly targets.
Qualifications and requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience of consulting and working closely with SMEs;
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical;
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction;
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges;
- Communication – the post holder should be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form to a wide variety of learners or mentees. They should demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be able to gain the trust of those with whom they are working;
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Lines of communication
- This is a self-employed contract running for 16 months and payment is made quarterly in arrears, reporting to Colin Fredriksen, Managing Director, Training Business for Growth Ltd and Alan Jeffery, Business Development Manager, TBFG
Submitting your proposal
It is intended to make an appointment in February 2018, as part of the selection process you will need to submit your CV and proposal, please read tasks, requirements and competencies.
The contract will be awarded based on the most economically advantageous tender, for candidates meeting the above criteria:
- Capability (skills, knowledge & experience) 60%
- Value for money 40%
The successful consultant will report to Colin Fredriksen and Alan Jeffery.
Start date February 2018
End date June 2019
Anticipated contract value £50,000 – £80,000
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call:
Colin Fredriksen – 0203 794 9350
Interested parties are requested to respond before noon, 20th February 2018
Consultant appointed February 2018